Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard
Released January, 1999
The Pros:Beautiful harmonics that accompany every treble note. Bass notes have a thick punch. Good playability, can use a lot of technique and get results.
The Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard is a custom guitar based on the original 1959 design. It is aimed at guitar enthusiasts and built to create a unique tonal quality. The 22 jumbo frets are one of the features that made this guitar unique in 1959, and a rosewood fingerboard is used for simple durability and depth of sound.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Maple is used for the top of the body which gives it good clarity, definition and treble bite. This is bonded to a non-chambered mahogany body which gives the sound depth and richness. The BurstBucker humbucking pickups at the neck and bridge are tuned to reduce noise, but not give a completely clean sound in order to offer a little edge. Independent knobs are available for each pickup to control volume and tone. It comes in Heritage Cherry Sunburst or Heritage Dark Sunburst finishes on the front, and a light vintage-mahogany finish on the back. As an added visual effect acrylic trapezoid position-marker inlays are used on the neck.
- Two-piece maple top, Franklin Titebond 50 glue
- Non-chambered mahogany body
- Heritage Cherry Sunburst or Heritage Dark Sunburst front finish
- Light vintage-mahogany finish on back
- Rounded D solid mahogany neck
- 22 jumbo frets
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Acrylic trapezoid position-marker inlays
- BurstBucker humbucking pickups at neck and bridge
- Independent volume for each pickup
- Independent tone control for each pickup
- CTS 500k knobs
- 3-way toggle switch
- Tune-o-matic (ABR-1) bridge that is made from zinc and plated in polished nickel
User Reviews (1)
beautiful harmonics that accompany every treble note
bass notes have a thick punch
good playability, can use a lot of technique and get results
fairly light bodied, easy to work with while standing through a longer gig
finish is beautiful and eye-catching, has an aged look
thin-profile neck is easy to work with
tone is adjustable to a wide range of styles
You may also like...